Raisin standards: The Institute of Standards & Industrial Research of Iran requires that all raisin producers must observe the following standards in order to export their product:
• Maximum occurrence of gravel or sand: 1 piece per 10kg
• Maximum moisture content: 16%
• Maximum nitrate sulfur (for golden): 2/1000
• Maximum unclean raisins: 5%
• Maximum verminous raisins: 3%
• Maximum other kinds and forms: 1%
• Maximum raisins with stems: 10%
• Maximum length of bunches: 5cm/1kg
• Maximum crushed or damaged raisins: 5%
• Maximum unripe raisins: 2.5% to 5%
• Maximum sugared raisins: 15%
Note: These conditions differ slightly for green raisins.
Raisins are also divided into three sizes according the number of raisins per 100 gr.
Commercial packing: Raisin packs are available in 10kg or 12.5kg wooden boxes or cartons.
Some useful information about raisin
Sultana Raisins Light Brown are dried Seedless grapes of the Vitis vinifera species. Customers also know this raisin as Malayer Raisin or Seedless Thompson. As it is clear from its name the color of this raisin is light brown. Farmers…
This kind is prepared by drying the fruit in full sun and results in a dark color.
Green Raisins | Jumbo Raisins : Green Raisins also are known as Green Jumbo Raisin, Kashmari (Kashmiri) Green Raisins and Green Long Raisins. As it is clear from its name the color of this raisin is green. Raisins, in general,…
This kind is oven-dried and then sulfur is added to preserve its color.
Golden Long Raisin also is known as Golden Raisin Jumbo or Kashmari Golden Raisin. As it is clear from its name the color of this raisin is golden. Raisins, in general, are dried grapes.